Pages

Thursday 11 August 2016

Oh no, my bow broke!

On Thursday 6th of August, Room 7 had a great time gathering the materials for our sport sculpture.


First, we had to make a presentation that included these questions:
  • What sport are you presenting?
  • Why did you choose this sport?
  • What are the rules?
  • Which New Zealand team is doing this sport?
  • And what is one technique for your sport?


Image result for archery broken bowIt took me a long time to write the rules since some of the sites I searched from, gave different informations about the sport I was researching for (which was archery). My group and I worked together to share the data we collected from different sites. While we were looking for more data for archery, I looked up different techniques for archery. I just found out that there were different types of draws so I wrote down the techniques which I thought would be useful for our presentation.


After I finished my presentation, Salome, our art teacher, let me start on my bow sculpture. I followed the diagram which our group drew.  I needed to change some parts and pieces from the plan like the riser which on the plan was made of straw. I had to change it into a twirly piece of cardboard. I asked Miss Chao to help me glue the stick of cardboard onto the milk bottle (which was used as a grip). There was a problem when the glue connected the piece of cardboard to the milk bottle, it started to bend a bit so I had to rip it off and glue it again using the hot glue gun and  with the help of Salome. This time, I used a popsicle stick but it broke apart because it wasn’t sturdy enough. Unfortunately, it was nearly home time so I had to leave my unfinished project behind, helped  tidy up the classroom before we  said our ‘karakia’.

Getting to work on our sculptures was amazing yet challenging. But I am determined not to give up until I have produced my sculpture. I wish though that  our bow didn’t break apart while we were working on it because this means that we will have to re-do it, yet again.

Learning Intention: We are learning to use the appropriate language features in our recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use past tense verbs to describe our Thursday art lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment