Pages

Monday 6 June 2016

Can you draw dainty cats?

On Saturday 28th of May, I had a hard time drawing to improve my skills and to prepare myself for any upcoming events!


First, I started to draw a person. It’s gender was a girl because the hair was always the easiest to draw. The eyes were the ones I used for drawing cats. Cesar rushed into my mother’s room upstairs (where I was drawing) and started to gaze at me with his kawaii eyes that nearly made him look like a puppy except with a mustache. The face was finished after Cesar started running around uncontrollably for no reason at all.
Image result for shih tzu
Next I started draw the body including the legs and the arms. Having to draw long hair, I was able to draw a bit of shading to the body. I almost forgot if my character needed cat ears, the hair averted me from drawing them so I just moved on. The arms were quite easy as I didn’t need to put a lot of effort for them except the sleeves.
Screenshot 2016-05-31 at 10.30.56 AM.png

After that I drew the legs which was not difficult to draw. The person’s legs were slender, yet a bit detailed. I added small socks. This drawing was nearly done when I added a magical katana which reminded me of Blake Belladonna from RWBY (A movie by Rooster teeth).

Finally, I drew some cute cats as cats as pets that could attack. One of them was a ghostly cat which made it look slightly spooky when in battle with others. After finishing my drawing, I left my paper and pencil on the table so I can play with Cesar for the whole morning.


Drawing cats to practice my skills was wonderful! I wish that my artistic ability will will improve nextime. I must endeavour to keep drawing every time I got free time at home.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate adjectives to describe my weekend of drawing cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment