Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2016

You can have that sweet doughnut!

The Sweetest Doughnut!
On Sunday 19th of June, I had the sweetest doughnut I’ve ever tasted from Dunkin doughnuts!

First, my mum went to The Warehouse to swap Cesar’s clothing because it was too small. I had to wait in the car for two minutes since Cesar wasn’t allowed inside the store. He was brave and he didn’t whine even though I knew that he was feeling cold since we had just cut his hair. My mum was only gone for two minutes but it seemed like a very long time. So I just kept my imagination busy by thinking about those dogs who were attacked by epic buns and turned them into running hot dogs of tastiness.

When my mum came out from the Warehouse, we proceeded to Bunning’s Warehouse to buy nuts and bolts because she plans to hang some things onto the wall. This trip to Bunnings also took a very, very long time. Cesar and I played a game of touching each other in the hand and paw quickly but softly. He was very excited because there were many people passing by. It took nearly ten minutes for mum to come outside from the shop and she returned with nothing because according to her, they were too expensive.

Image result for doughnut
Finally, I asked my mum if we could go to Dunkin Doughnuts because it had been five years since the last time we ate some. There were trays and trays of different flavoured doughnuts which stunned me with excitement. It took me a long time to pick which doughnut must I choose. I chose the doughnut of the month! It was colored orange, shiny and crumbly. I also picked a type of custard bavarian doughnut. My mum bought a hot chocolate which was delicious and sweet.

I ate my doughnut of the month in the car on our way home. My eyes became teary as I took a bite of the taunting doughnut. I cried, “Why is this doughnut so sweet!”. My tears fell on Cesar’s mouth and he licked it. It was the sweetest doughnut I’d ever tasted. It was like a torture to me! It felt like I nearly tasted metal (I have a metallic taste when I eat something too sweet). I drank most of the hot chocolate and ate the doughnut quickly so I won’t get the torturous after taste. We went home with the dog clothing we needed to give to Cesar and he looked happy looking at me eating that doughnut.

Eating the doughnut of the month at Dunkin Doughnuts was not a very pleasurable moment for me. I wish the next doughnut I eat there wouldn't be so sweet like the last one I had eaten.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate verbs and adverbs to describe my trip to Dunkin Doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment